A Law Firm Advocating For You In Property Division Matters
When couples divorce, so many matters must be reviewed, analyzed and agreed upon before a settlement. If children are involved, child custody and support issues come to the forefront. And if not, property division usually gets the most attention during a divorce mediation or trial.
Each person has invested not only themselves in a marriage, but a great deal of assets. Known as marital assets, such property and finances must get scrutiny in a divorce proceeding. If you want to make sure you secure your fair and rightful amount, you need an experienced and reputable family law attorney. You get one with The Law Offices of Shawn Seliger in Fort Myers, Florida.
A Legal Guide With Solid Insight
For nearly 20 years, attorney Shawn Seliger has practiced law, helping people confronted with family and personal challenges. He and his team will listen to you and provide solid insight.
In divorce cases, Mr. Seliger will thoroughly review every issue, including property division. You are entitled to assets that were accumulated during the marriage. Marital assets likely include:
- Your main place of residence such as a house or condominium
- Additional real estate such as summer homes and investment properties
- Retirement investments such as IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s and pensions
- Additional investments, including stocks, bonds and bank accounts
- Any businesses owned jointly or individually by the spouses
- Motor vehicles and recreational vehicles
- Personal property such as antiques, jewelry, art and collectibles
Mr. Seliger will do his best to make sure that you are fairly treated. You invested a great deal in this marriage, and you must secure your share of marital assets. As a skilled negotiator, Mr. Seliger knows how to get results.
Contact An Experienced Attorney
When you need a skilled family law firm to help you in divorce and property division matters, please contact The Law Offices of Shawn Seliger in Fort Myers, Florida. Our team has helped clients for nearly 20 years in Southwest Florida. We also have offices in Naples and Bonita Springs. Please contact us online or by calling 239-333-0077.