Nothing is more important than family. A legal conflict can threaten what you value the most and drain your savings to boot. There are many situations that a Fort Myers family lawyer can assist you with. The following are the most common.

The End of a Marriage

Florida has the honor of the seventh-highest divorce rate in the nation. Over 50,000 couples file for divorce every year and roughly 15% of the state’s residents are officially divorced or separated. Depending on the circumstances, a divorce may involve paying alimony or arranging for the custody of a minor.

A lawyer can help this often-contentious situation go smoothly. He or she can represent individuals vigorously in court or even work to avoid court altogether while fighting for the most favorable outcome. Since the legal system is often confusing to navigate, it is imperative that you consult with a professional as soon as possible if you’re seeking a change in your marriage status.

Real Property in a Divorce

Valuable assets such as homes or property are often the subject of a Fort Myers divorce. A Fort Myers family attorney can handle the paperwork and explain what your legal rights are to a home or a particular property.

The Beginning of a Marriage

A Fort Myers family lawyer can also be heavily involved in the lives of happy couples. However, a Fort Myers family law attorney is only allowed to represent one party (not both parties). A Fort Myers family law lawyer can draft a prenuptial agreement that spells out how property should be divided in the event of a divorce. The conditions of an agreement can vary depending on the preferences of a couple and applicable Florida law. However, it is an important thing to consider before tying the knot.

There are many attorneys in Florida, and they don’t all provide the same quality of service. The Law Offices of Shawn Siegler prides itself on providing excellent legal of representation with constant accessibility. Please contact us today for more information and for a free phone consultation at (239) 333-0077. Alternatively, you can also fill out the online contact form.